Thursday, May 20, 2010

Arizona...armed drug smugglers

I talked to an old friend yesterday, a guy I worked with during my career in law enforcement. He retired to Arizona, and lives about 100 miles from the border on his 10 acres. We talked about the Arizona illegal immigration law, and he told me, "those people in Michigan, Washington State, and New York have no idea what goes on down here. The people coming in from Mexico will usually go around the other side of the mountain, but sometimes they cross on my land. They leave lots of trash, burn cars they find along the way and do other things to property belonging to American citizens. The drug smugglers will sometimes try to intimidate the cattle ranchers, but recently they picked on the wrong rancher--he fired back when they opened up with their assault rifles. What the smugglers don't seem to get is everybody in Arizona is carrying a gun. I don't go anywhere without my gun".

The old West still lives...because the federal government refuses to do its job, and is critical of states that exercise their rights on behalf of their citizens.

Hi-ho Silver!

No comments:

Post a Comment